Websites I Like

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Why do people throw stones?

I've wondered one too many times why people throw stones at one another.  Not literally, but figuratively.  I live in a glass house.  Doesn't everybody else?  I, honestly, just cannot believe what this society is coming to.  Why do I feel like I'm one of the few who tries as hard as possible to live by the "golden rule"?  Does anybody even know what that means anymore?  Or, is everybody just in it for themselves and not even cognisant of their own discretion?  My mind is blown for so many reasons.

I have been out of my element for about 4 months now.  And, while it was a bit novel in the beginning, it is certainly old now and I'm so sick of disrespectful people of all ages.  Young people and professionals alike.  And, while I've worked in some pretty "lively" places, none compares to my current situation.  The language is unbelievably awful.  The disrespect for oneself, others, and private property is beyond belief!  Hearing professionals talk about getting "tanked" about sends me through the roof. 

Oh, and the gossiping!  What in the world?  I have met somebody recently who is in, I would guess, the 50-year-old range, BUT this person acts like a teenager when it comes to the backstabbing and gossiping.  Every day is another story about somebody else doing this or that, but this person is so blind that he/she can't even see that he/she is guilty of the same things and many more.  I can only imagine what is said about me when I'm not there.  And, I'm sure it's a doozy as I received all kinds of crazy looks today...if they actually looked me in the eyes at all.  No wonder this person's children want to live so far away.  I would too!!

I have been called a prude and self-righteous, I now wonder if there really is anything wrong with that?  And, while I don't think I'm self-righteous, I do believe that I have self-dignity and self-respect.  And if I'm a prude, so be it.  Is prude just another way of people saying I have high morals?  If so, thank you!  I will be a prude and wear it proudly!

On another note, I have been shattered and blown away by how much people throw around the "JC" and the "GD".  I don't expect everybody to be a Christian, but man, that is really starting to offend me in a huge way.  Honestly, I'd much rather hear the f-word than the others mentioned above.  Believe you me on this one, I can curse with the best of them and for that I am not proud, but you will not hear "JC" or "GD" cross these foul lips of mine.

Well, that may be quite a rant, but I needed an outlet.  I know many of my friends are going through some really tough struggles right now and I join you in these.  Please know this, I pray for you daily.  I think about you and hold you dear in my heart.  I love you for sticking by me and allowing me to stick by you...even if I'm not very good at it right now.  I cherish friendship and my soul needs it.  So, for those of you who love me just the way I am, thank you!  I love you, too!

I guess that's enough rambling from this attention deficit brain for one day. 

This has certainly been A day in the life...

No comments:

Post a Comment