Websites I Like

Monday, July 11, 2011

It's a Ferris Bueller kind of day...

Just the thought of Ferris Bueller's Day Off cracks me up.  I love this movie.  One of the reasons I love it so much is because it is something I NEVER would have dreamed of doing in high school.  I was pretty straight-laced and followed the rules...for the most part.  (The rules I did break, may be another blog somewhere down the road.) 

But, the other night, my husband and I had to stop at his parents house to tend to some matters while they are out of town.  And in their garage sat their shiny, glorious red car.  An instant flash in my head took me right back to Cameron's house where Ferris had his eye's on the beautiful, red Ferrari that belonged to Cameron's dad.  Then, I laughed to myself at all the fun things Ferris, Sloane, and Cameron did in that oober-cool car and the smile on my face got quite large.  When my husband came back from inside the house, he could see that mischievous grin on my face and just shook his head.  I know he didn't want to know what I was thinking, but he couldn't help himself.  After ignoring me for about two minutes, he finally turned to me and let out an exasperated, "What?"  Still sporting a very wide and toothy smile, I just chuckled and said, "Nothin'."  All the while, I was eyeing the keys he brought from inside the house that just so happened to have the key to the car :)

After being married for this long, my husband doesn't leave me alone when I look so mischievous as he's afraid that I may do something that will get me in trouble.  So, he didn't relent with the bugging me and I finally gave in and told him about the secret world tucked away in my brain.  I told him that I wanted to "borrow" (OK, technically it's steal, but we HAVE the keys!) the shiny, red beaut in his parent's garage and go out joy riding.  Doing all kinds of crazy and wild things all the while videotaping it all.  Now, when I say crazy and wild, it's more like driving as fast as it will go on one of the country roads, doing burn-outs on gravel, and trying to get it to do a do-nut.  Maybe, splay out on the hood and take some silly pictures of me like I'm at a car show in the big city.  You know...all the the "crazy" things a not-so-crazy-mom-of-two would do:)

He listened to me go on for about five minutes.  The story didn't really take that long, but I was laughing so hard as I told him all of this that there were moments that I couldn't breathe and was snorting quite heavily!  Although my husband wasn't really hip to the idea, he did add that when we bring the car back, we should park in backward in the garage because that would drive his dad bonkers as soon as he drove in the garage from his vacation!  Me like...me like very much ;)

So, our Ferris Bueller adventure was starting to wind down as we reached our destination to pick up the boys.  I was still smiling from how funny this whole diatribe was when my husband looked at me and said, "You do realize it's the Prius in the garage, don't you?"

Of course I did!  LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment