Websites I Like

Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm Free...

So, I'm waiting ever so patiently and anxiously.  The boys are in the kitchen eating lunch before they set out on their totally rad guy day!  My excitement is building and all I want to do is run screaming from the house as soon as they pull out of the driveway.  I want to run and dance around the block like Ren did in Footloose proclaiming "I'M FREE"!!!!!!  It sounds so cool and liberating.  Maybe a flash mob of moms running out their front doors singing Kenny Loggins right along with me.  Throwing our hands in the air and doing cartwheels.  Then, reality hits me and I realize it's just me dancing and singing and it's more like a flash dance, not a flash mob.  And believe you me, I'm no what's-her-name dancing to "What a Feeling" by Irene Cara in Flashdance.  More like Megan from Bridesmaids!

I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)  (Check out this cool You Tube video to take you back to the day!)

YES...and they're gone!  Praise be to the good Lord in heaven.  Now don't get me wrong.  I love my guys more than words can say, but every mom needs a quiet break from all the potty, poop, and killing talk.  No matter how many times I tell them it's not acceptable to talk like that, it continues.  So, I'm trying the "ignore it and it'll go away" method at present, but that doesn't seem to be working either:(

Enough of that and back to my FREE afternoon and evening!  What shall I do??  Take in a movie and eat all the popcorn by myself?  Find a quiet, shady spot outside and read my current book?  Take a nap?  Bake up something new in the kitchen?  Hmmm, the possibilities are endless.  Ooooh, I'm also thinking of making it a flashback afternoon and watching Sixteen Candles and Footloose.  It'll be great because our new tv is gone for repairs and I can watch them on the 19" Zenith my parents bought me for college graduation in 1996!  SWEET!  Another bonus, the kids aren't here so I can watch the real, unedited versions with all the swearing!  YES!!  Some things sound so simple yet so divine, don't you agree?

I'm just so giddy, I think I will go run around the block dancing and singing!  Watch out neighbors, here I come!

P.S.  Can you have the ambulance on stand-by...I'm pretty klutzy ;\

No comments:

Post a Comment