Websites I Like

Friday, July 8, 2011

So...everybody's doing it.

So, I thought I'd take a shot at blogging.  I know nobody but my friends (and my parents) really care about what happens in my life, but what the heck.  Even then, do they REALLY care?  Probably not.  But, I think writing is fun and my life always offers up some sort of comic relief.  So, why not laugh with me? 

Once in a while, I might ask you to cry with me as things happen that bring everybody down.  But, we're all human and all emotions are real and usually raw.  For some reason, I'm one of those weirdos who likes to share that rawness on Facebook and other public forums.

A little about me.  I grew up in a small, Mississippi River town in Iowa.  I was educated there and then went to Iowa State University and received my Bachelor's of Science Degree.  After being gone from this "one horse town" for 8 years (which, by the way, I swore on my life I would never come back to), I did eventually move back in 2000.  About a year later, I re-met my future husband at of all places - Wal-Mart.  How horribly embarrassing.  But alas, our love grew and we were married and now have two children.  Boys to be exact.  Ages 6 and 4.  Life is a laugh riot!! 

With one boy going into 1st grade and the other going to preschool every day, I decided it's time for me to follow my dream, go back to college, and finish up a teaching degree.  I will start in the fall when both boys start back to school and I'm scared out of my mind.  I can't imagine how crazy life is going to be and if my husband will love me, resent me, be proud of me, or want to kick my butt on a daily basis. 

So follow along on my journey and find out!  I've always got lots on my mind.  Usually it's just a rant or two as I'm standing on my soapbox.  If you don't like it, I'm pretty honest and will tell you, don't read it.  It doesn't really matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment