Websites I Like

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My summer of stripping

It's been a long summer, but sometimes you just gotta' do what you gotta' do.  I'm not going to say that I love this work or that it's for everybody.  But, sometimes we have to swallow our pride and do the dirty work because we love our families.

Although it's been a long summer, in some regards it's gone too quickly and maybe I didn't start soon enough to get the much coveted results.  I've been sweating, crawling around on my hands and knees, wearing some outfits that are, well, hideous, and my eyes and lungs burn from fumes and funk.

The colors I've seen have been bright and definitely retro.  I know the fashion forward people of the world keep saying that trends repeat themselves, but this is a bit much for my taste!  Of course, bright colors show up better in a dark room, right?

And, the pioneers of this whole charade.  All I can say is, "What in the world??"  I little forethought would have been much appreciated.  It's quite obvious that all you wanted was instant gratification and to cut as many corners as humanly possible.  What a shame!!

The late nights and early mornings seem so hard.  Not like when I did this when I was young, single, and didn't have kids.  Everything seemed so much simpler then.  I could do what I wanted when I wanted and it didn't matter how late I made noise because it wasn't going to wake anybody up.  And, I don't want my kids to have their daily lives disrupted because of what I'm choosing to do, even though the end result will benefit the whole family.

So, I will keep plugging away at the commitment I made earlier in the summer.  I'm trying to teach my kids what keeping a commitment looks like and that you don't give up just because something turns out to be a whole lot harder than expected.  You must keep working away until the job is done. 

So, if you'll excuse me, I've got a whole lot more wallpaper to get off the kitchen walls.

What in the world did you think I was talking about???

No comments:

Post a Comment